Wrangell-St. Elias National Park
Fun facts from the National Park Service:
1. The lowest elevation found in Wrangell-St. Elias is 0 feet at the Pacific Ocean and the highest is 17,008 feet on Mt St. Elias. Who knew that???
2. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park is by far the largest national park in the United States. At over 13 million acres, it is nearly six times the size of Yellowstone, a huge national park itself.
3. At 18,008 feet, Mount Saint Elias is the second tallest peak in the United States and Canada, and the highest point in Wrangell St. Elias National Park.
4. The park is larger than Switzerland !
5. Grizzly bears in the park can reach 10’ tall here
6. 9 of the 16 tallest peaks in the US are located here.
We enjoyed our day in the park, but now we realize we didn’t allow enough time to really see and enjoy its vastness and diversity. We should have allowed at least three days!!!