Fargo, ND - Days 44 and 45 and final Trip Statistics
Our final stop on this trip, unbeknownst to us at the time, was Fargo. After some photo opportunities at the Visitor’s Center (which was closed) we headed to the Lindenwood campground. Where we stayed for the night. I headed to the laundromat to wash clothes and picked up food from Popeye’s on my way back to the campground. The next morning we return to the Visitor’s Center to plan our day in Fargo, when we received a call from Tom’s brother Bob telling us that Gramps (Tom’s dad) had died shortly before the phone call. We decided on the spot to head straight home and over the next two days we drove the entire 1,400 miles—16 hours the first day and 8 hours the second day.
The infamous grinder used in the movie Fargo.
- This total trip cost us $5,577 or an average of $126.76 a day
- Gas: $995.56 or $22.63 per day
- Camground: 1,748.36 or $39.74 per day
- Food, Groceries, Snacks: 2,202.65 or 50.06 per day
- We drove a total of 6,549 miles– 4,999 miles on Big Hat 1,550 in the CRV